Now that Microsoft has merged multiple products into one solution, the problem is natural. What’s the difference between Office 365 and Microsoft 365, and which one is right for your business?
Read on to learn about the fundamental differences between the two Microsoft platforms and how they can help boost your productivity.
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a comprehensive suite of productivity applications and solutions that make your business work better and more easily. It includes applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and OneNote. It also includes a range of web-enabled tools such as Microsoft Exchange email, Lync web conferencing, and OneDrive online storage.
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365, on the other hand, is an all-in-one platform that includes the Office 365 suite, Windows 10 Pro, and Enterprise Mobility plus Security to provide you with a comprehensive experience. Combining the best features of Microsoft’s state-of-the-art software on one platform, Microsoft 365 is an intelligent, innovative, and secure enterprise solution that has everything your business needs to keep your business creative, productive, and capable.
Office 365 is a great place to start by offering a range of cloud services that help increase business productivity. However, Microsoft 365 takes you one step further by helping you address complex security and compliance requirements.
The following is an introduction to the features of Office 365 and Microsoft 365.
- Remote access. One of the most significant benefits of Office 365 is that users can work efficiently anywhere, on any device—- you only need to use Office 365 online. Microsoft 365 is also a cloud-based platform. This means your team can efficiently work with productivity applications and tools anywhere and on any device with an Internet connection.
- Collaboration. Because teamwork is an important part of any business operation, you’ll love Office 365’s support for real-time collaboration. Office 365 supports co-writing, allowing multiple users to work on the same version of a document, presentation, or spreadsheet at the same time.
Because Microsoft 365 already includes Office 365, it also introduces collaboration capabilities for Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, and SharePoint. This means that your team can collaborate seamlessly with customized solutions.
While it’s a good idea to use Office 365 at the basic level, Microsoft 365 provides more collaboration capabilities to improve team collaboration and content sharing.
- Security. Depending on the type of plan you choose, Office 365 offers a range of built-in security features such as data loss prevention, encrypted email, advanced threat analysis, mobile device management, multi-factor authentication, threat management, and Exchange online protection. Office 365 keeps your business-critical data highly secure 24/7.
However, Microsoft 365 is once again gaining the eye with enhanced security features that include Office 365’s advanced data protection features and enterprise mobility and security.
Enterprise Mobility plus Security (EMS) is a key feature of Microsoft 365 that enables administrators.
- Control access to Microsoft cloud applications with identity-driven security features.
- The ability to manage mobile devices and applications to maintain enterprise-class security (which is important in today’s “bring your own device” environment)
- The ability to discover, classify, and monitor sensitive data across devices, services, and in-house data centers.
- Automatic updates. The days when IT had to access each computer system or mobile device separately to uninstall the old version and install the new version are gone. Now, Office 365 and Microsoft 365 are both available as subscription plans and already include automatic upgrades and patches to the latest version of the service at no additional cost.
In addition to the above, there are many other features for these two platforms that help improve overall business efficiency. Still, Microsoft 365 is one step ahead because it combines the best features of Office 365 with other high-tech enterprise solutions.
Office 365 Business
The Office 365 Business Plan includes all Microsoft Office tools as well as seamless collaboration and cloud storage. It includes the following applications and features.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneDrive, OneNote, and Access
- Online document storage and sharing
- Microsoft Office Suite on all devices
- Work online
- Regular lying updates
- Fast, worry-free deployment
- Active directory integration
- Up to 300 users
- In addition, all Office 365 business plans come with security, privacy, and reliability.
The Office 365 Business Plan is divided into three sections.
- Office 365 Business Essentials
- Office 365 Business
- Office 365 Business Premium
Office 365 Enterprise
The Office 365 Enterprise program contains only all the features of Office 365 Business, and the number of users is unlimited.
Similar to Office 365 Business, you have several options to choose from under the Enterprise plan.
- Office 365 Enterprise E1
- Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Office 365 Enterprise E5
- Office 365 Enterprise F1
Microsoft 365 Business
The micro-Microsoft 365 Business edition includes the following features.
- Up to 300 users
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Document storage
- Email and calendar management
- Data protection controls
- Windows 10 Pro
- Cyber threat protection
- Quick management and deployment
- 24×7 phone and online support
- The Microsoft 365 Business Plan combines all the features of Office 365 Business Premium, along with security and device management.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise
Modern Workplaces wants to empower and connect each employee, with a range of Microsoft 365 enterprise programs to choose from.
- Microsoft 365 E3. An innovative, intelligent solution that combines the best solutions for Office 365, Windows 10, and enterprise mobility plus security. The program includes Office applications, email and calendar, schedule and task management, chat-based workspaces, device and application management, and social and intranet capabilities.
- Microsoft 365 E5: Includes all the features of Microsoft 365 E3, plus voice, video and conferencing, information protection, threat protection, identity and access management, advanced compliance, and analytics.
- Microsoft 365 F1: Includes voice, video, information protection, threat protection, identity and access management, advanced compliance, and analytics. Designed to connect front-line employees with the right resources and tools to increase their productivity.
Should you choose Office 365 or Microsoft 365? Deciding which one is right for you depends on your core operations, infrastructure, and overall business goals. Office 365 is the best solution for start-ups and small and medium-sized businesses. However, if you plan to scale up, you’re working on sensitive data, security is your primary concern, or your business operations are more focused on teamwork, then Microsoft 365 is the right investment. No matter what platform you choose, make sure you get a worry-free migration and onboarding service and 24/7 customer support. Ask us for more information.